Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Human Communication

I took a course in College called 'Human Communication'.

The general discussion was, "Proper English and Grammar are bullshit. If people understand what you're saying...then you're communicating."I loved this course because I knew how bad it would piss off all of my former Nun/ English teachers. It was my first real taste of coloring outside the lines.

The professor would tell poop jokes..and then tell us how poop jokes aren't funny in Africa...but dirty sex jokes are hilarious there. He wrote the word "ain't" on a test. I got a 'B'. It was the first and last 'B' I would get in College.

That's the nice thing about College. No one ever asks what your grades are, they only ask you to take your hand of their leg. (whores)

Whenever I type an email or something, I always think of this class because of the Caps lock button.
The Caps lock button IS MY FAVORITE BUTTON EVER!
That's because the meaning of what you are typing can be dramatically changed just by accidentally locking down the caps.

I love alcohol...which is fine, but I LOVE ALCOHOL. Do you have any doubt over my love for alcohol now?

Quick email to your buddy:
-Wanna go for a drink after work?
Short. To the point. Good email.

Now, that same email with an accidental Cap-Lock on:
-WANNA FOR FOR A DRINK AFTER WORK?
All of the sudden he's picturing you sweaty, desperate and shaking.

Just to further my point, I dug through some of my old emails and cut an pasted one that I sent to my wife when we were first dating.

"...Dear Tracy, I want to try anal. Love, Greg."

Now, watch how much the meaning changes when I re-type that email with the Caps-Lock on.

"..HEY SLUT! GET READY TO FEEL PAIN, BECAUSE I'M GOING TO RIP YOUR FUCKING ASSHOLE APART WITH MY HOT, PURPLE, MONSTER COCK! I WILL FUCKING END YOUR WORLD!"

She would have left me had that happened.
It's important to keep the Caps-lock off when typing.

No comments: