Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Bachelor: On the Wings of an Anti-Climactic Episode

I think only three girls cried during this week's episode of the Bachelor. It certainly was not the most dramatic episode ever.

The advertisers for this show have to be worried because I'm losing interest. You can't follow up an episode where a model sleeps around with stage grips with a nice quiet trip to Sea World. And what do the producers like so much about bungee jumping? Every season, someone is jumping off of a bridge with the Bachelor. It's getting old. That bridge was only 300 feet high. If the cord snapped, they both would have probably survived with minor head injuries.

My show recap is stained with disappointment. It can't be as much disappointment as the people who went out to see a comedy show one night and wound up watching 8 women get hammered and scream about how much they hate Vienna.

The only semi-dramatic event from Week 3 was the departure of the clearly insane Michelle. For those of you who don't watch the show, Michelle was brought in by the producers to give the show it's first ever triple-homicide. They were picking contestants when they saw her out in the street eating a live Robin. They dragged her into the ABC studios, combed her hair and threw her into a dress. Then, they gave her enough Meds to survive a couple of weeks. It was fun while it lasted.

It is truly disheartening how it ended for Michelle. I wanted to see blood. You can't just allow that nutjob to leave the show in the middle of an episode. I wanted her exit to be dramatic.
Picture a rose ceremony where she doesn't end up with a rose and just snaps. She grabs Tenley's rose and stabs her in the throat with it. Then she takes out Jake with the heel of her shoe in a murder-suicide rage. I know that is what the producers wanted.

Not surprisingly, Jake said goodbye to my favorite, Elizabeth from Nebraska, because she wouldn't kiss him. Poor Elizabeth just played the game wrong. If you're competing with 10 other girls almost as smoking hot as you, you gotta "give up the cookies". (That phrase was stolen from Mokita of the T.O. show.)

I found it funny when Elizabeth questioned Jake about the need to kiss her and he said, "Kissing is how I show affection". I would hate to be his nephew.

I would express surprise over Valishia being sent home, but I honestly do not remember ever seeing her on the show. I'm not sure that she wasn't just planted in as an extra for week 3. That doesn't say much about her impression on Jake.

No comments: