Monday, December 1, 2008

The Ten Worst Things I Have Ever Seen

These Are The Ten Worst Things I Have Ever Seen.

10. I once watched a dog fall into a giant bees nest and get stung dozens of times before we could sweep the bees off of his back and face.

9. My brother Jim used to pick his nose and then dip his finger into my cereal. I still have trouble eating cereal with people in the room.

8. When I was 8, my friend Shawn accidentally swore in front of his mother and I watched her hit him so hard he fell off of his chair and got a concussion.

7. My wife found a litter of wild orphan rabbits in the yard and tried to raise them herself. She was able feed them formula with a doll's baby bottle for awhile, but they didn't get their mother's milk long enough. After 3 weeks, one-by-one, the baby rabbits would shake violently and then die. I'll never forget watching my wife cry as she struggled over the thought of putting the poor animals out of their misery.

6. The Dallas Stars skating around with the Stanley Cup in the HSBC Arena.

5. When I was 9, my brother Donny rented the entire 'Faces of Death' video series. It contains hours of footage of people and animals dying in horrible ways. I still have nightmares from the video of a man who accidentally parachuted into an alligator farm and was mauled to death.

4. The Movie "Failure to Launch".

3. My dad, sitting in his van and laughing at me as an elderly woman in our neighborhood who wasn't all there chased me around shrieking, "My son! Come back to me my son!" My dad did eventually come out of the van and grab me before she pulled me into her house.

2. When I was 11, my friend was accidentally shot in the head with a Flare gun in my living room and I watched him almost bleed to death. Our living room rug caught fire. There was a river of blood on the kitchen floor as he screamed, "I'm gonna die!" He lived, but the images from that night will haunt me forever.

1. Sunday's Bills game.

No comments: